Ministry Departments at The Promise Land Church/TPLC
The Promise Land Church is committed to its mission: "Developing Disciples with the Promises of God." Everything we do at TPLC flows from our mission. In addition to the Pastors, Board of Elders, the Office of the Pastor, and Deacon Board, TPLC has 40 ministries divided into 7 departments based on their focus area. Each ministry is available to serve you and your family at every stage of life. No matter what your spiritual gifting or interest, we’re confident there is a department with a ministry for you. At TPLC, there’s something for everyone!
- Children & Youth (GeneratioNow!) Department
- The mission of this ministry is to help our children and youth continually develop their Godly attitudes and character qualities while reinforcing spiritual principles and Christian values in each of their lives. Qualified members from our church, volunteer their time and talent with our children and youth during monthly fellowship activities. We are blessed to provide Children & Youth Church for our children (ages 3 through 17) during worship service. Our nursery is open during 11 am Additional training opportunities are available through developing social and communication skills workshops, youth conferences and other Christian-based activities all of which provide experiences inside and outside of the church. Please see the church calendar for scheduled meeting times and activities.
- Discipleship, Education & Training Department (DET)
- This passionate team's mission is to invest in the lives of our members through the teaching of God's Word. Ministry at TPLC has been designed with this in mind. From Discipleship Training, New Member Orientation, Baptism Training, Bible Studies, Basic Principals in Christianity, Practical Life Classes, Spiritual Gifts Class, TPLC Fundamental 10-Week Class, and Vacation Bible School, they ensure that each department is integrating God's Word into every facet of ministry. Our DET team oversees the expanding curriculum that helps us to become the people God calls us to be while developing our gifts and strengthening our faith. For more information on some of our class offerings, click here.
- Family Life Department
- This team seeks to strengthen, inspire hope, and bring healing to marriages, families, and individuals through the abundant love and saving grace of Jesus Christ. They help diverse individuals and families grow in faith, in God, and love for each other. through various activities that promote Godly values and principles.
- Helps Ministries Department
- This team serves with gladness as an extension of our Pastors' hands, far beyond the pulpit. They strongly believe Colossians 3:23-24 that states: "Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men, knowing that you will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord. You serve the Lord Christ." They serve in excellence across various ministries and missions.
- Pastoral Ministries Department
- The Pastoral Ministries Department glorifies God by assisting the pastors in matters that will further the operational aspects of the church. This team also helps to meet the needs of the congregation by proclaiming the gospel; caring for church members and members of the community; and assisting the church with accomplishing its mission through worship, evangelism, discipleship, and ministry.
- Music & Fine Arts Department
- The Music & Fine Arts Department's mission is to glorify God through music, drama, dance and visual arts; to develop the artistry and spiritual growth in Christ for all participants in the Fine Arts Ministry; and to exemplify the love of Christ in support of the ministries of The Promise Land Church.
- Youth Adult Ministry Department
- The mission of this ministry is to equip young adults, ages 18 - 40, married, single, divorced, with or without children, to pursue a meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ through worship, discipleship, fellowship, and evangelism. The ultimate goals are for them to be ambassadors for Christ, effective members of society, empowered and encouraged to reach those that are lost and win souls for Christ.